Chengdu Library 成都图书馆
Chengdu Library was founded in 1912, with over 100 years of history. In 2003, the new Chengdu Library moved to the central area of Chengdu, which covers 0.67 hectares of land, with the building area of 20,000 square meters. On April 23th, 2008, Chengdu Library began to offer a free service of paper and digital resources and realized “barrier-free” of public cultural service among all Chengdu public libraries. In 2009, the Library was rated as First Class Library by the National Culture Ministry. It is open all year round, and reading rooms still serve readers in holidays.
In the Library, there are 2520000 Chinese books, 16920 foreign books (English and German books) and 87.5TB of digital resources. In 2016, the number of readers has grown to 1090000 people.
Now applying for a Read’s Card free of charge, readers can enjoy paper and digital resources of all Chengdu public libraries and freely borrow or return items in your neighborhood library.
Foreigners are eligible to apply for a Chengdu Public Library card free of charge and enjoy same rights as registered Chinese citizens to make borrowing and returning function available to your closest one among 21 Chengdu public libraries.
● Borrowing quota:8 books, 4 magazines and 1 CD or DVD at a time; Loan period: 30 days( renewable once online or call 028-86122628); Return all books/magazines/CD/DVD on loan to anyone of 21 Chengdu public libraries.
● 0.1 yuan per a day for one overdue book/magazine/CD/DVD
● Resources of Chengdu Digital Library are freely available at sso.cdclib.org.
● Foreigners can apply with passports at the card registration counter only in Chengdu Library now.
● Card number: abbreviation of the applicant’s nationality or region and passport number(1. All abbreviations refer to GB/T 2659-2000; 2. Card number and its barcode will be printed on the card when making registration.)
● Set a password when making registration.
● Library card is valid for 4 years and it is free to be renewed after the expiry date.
● If your card is lost or stolen, inform the library immediately.
Opening Time: Monday-Saturday: 9am-8pm, Sunday: 9am-4pm
Address: No. 98 Wenweng Road , Qingyang District, Chengdu 成都市青羊区文翁路98号
- No.6, Tiyuchang Road 体育场路6号, Chengdu, Sichuan,
- Room 1808, Bldg. 2-1, Sun Dynasty International Towers, 27, Sect. 4, South Renmin Rd. 人民南路四段27号商鼎国际2-1-1808, Chengdu, Sichuan,