⛰️ Driving Distance: About 272 km one way, 4.5 hours drive
⛰️ Hiking Distance: 12 km One Way
⛰️ Tour Type: Adventurous
⛰️ Road Type: Mud Road and Forest Trek
⛰️ Highest Altitude: 3630m
⛰️ Climb Distance: 1600m
⛰️ Difficulty: ★★★☆
Mt Niangniang is located in Xinglong Town, Luding County, Sichuan Province, also known as Mile Mountain. It has an extremely beautiful natural landscape, with magnificent seas of clouds, majestic cloud waterfalls, spraying sunrise, crystal clear rime, and colorful red stones, just like a fairyland on earth. What’s more peculiar is that Mt Niangniang can be described as a “360+2” three-dimensional and comprehensive viewing platform where you can look around the surrounding mountains such as Gongga Snow Mountain and Niubei Mountain, look up at the astronomical phenomenon, and overlook the dry valley landscape of the Dadu River which is extremely magnificent.
Mt Niangniang is one of the primary destinations for watching cloud sea and sunrise in Sichuan. After the surrounding viewing platforms such as Huajian Mountain, Sirentong, Hongyanding become too popular, it still maintains its mysterious posture, and only visited by a few outdoor enthusiasts. It faces Niubei Mountain across the sea of clouds and is also the closest viewing and shooting platform to Gongga Mountain. The external traffic there is very convenient, passing the Ancient Tea Horse Road, Hualin Ancient Town, Red Rock Beach, viewing wild daffodils and large azalea forests along the way.
D1: Chengdu-Ya’an-Luding-Lengqi Town-Hualin Village
07:30 Meet at 7:30 at Exit F of Shuhan Road East, Metro Line 2, and leave at 7:40 am on dot. We’ll pass Ya’an and Luding while crossing through the Erlangshan Tunnel and reach Lengqi Town at noon.
11:30-12:00 Lunchtime! We’ll stop somewhere along the way to have lunch together and split the bill according to the real-time traffic condition.
12:00-12:40 After lunch, we’ll take a local transfer to Hualin Village and get ready to hike.
12:40-18:00 Hike 4-5 hours to the campsite of Mt Niangniang with the guidance of an experienced local guide, passing the Red Rock Beach and azalea forests.
18:30-22:00Dinner Time! We’ll enjoy the beautiful sunset and then play some games, sing and dance, chat freely, count the stars, view the Milk Way… Having as much fun as we can!
D2: Niangniang Mountain-Hualin Village-Lengqi Town-Luding-Ya’an-Chengdu
06:30-08:30 Get up early to capture the wonderful sunrise moment.
08:30-09:00 Breakfast time! Pack all of your belongings and get ready to go downhill.
09:00-12:30 Take a group photo on the mountain top to mark the moment and start to go downhill at 9 am on dot.
12:30-13:30 Lunchtime! We’ll stop either at the mountain foot or Lengqi Town to have lunch together and split the bill according to the real-time traffic condition.
13:30-18:00 Get back to Chengdu.
1. Transportation: return air-conditioned chartered tour bus including toll fee, parking fee and the driver’s meal and accommodation allowance
2. Accommodation: 1 night stay at the campsite on the mountain top
Notes: 1) Due to limited choices, the accommodation will be bunkbed in the wooden house built by the locals. Males and females will be seperated to sleep in 2 wooden shared houses. The campsite will offer bedding and blanket, but you are welcome to bring your own sleeping bag or pillow case and sheet in case you mind sanitary conditions.
2) It’s acceptable to bring your own tent and camp in a field, and there’ll be a deduction of 50RMB from the total cost. However, the hike to the campsite takes about 4-5 hours, please carefully consider your personal physical condition first as you have to walk with weights.
3) The campsite will generate electricity at night so there’ll be hot water available but only for limited use.
3. Meal: D1 Dinner – Chicken Meal
D2 Breakfast – Campsite Breakfast
4. Guide: The bilingual guides will accompany and assist during the whole journey
5. Local Guide: An experienced local guide will take the lead during the hike
6. Drinking water: a bottle of mineral water per person per day
7. Insurance: 2-day outdoor insurance
(For people whose current habitual residence is China only)
8. Medical kit: first-aid medicine
Cost does not include:
1. Meal: All the meals not mentioned above
2. Transfer: 60RMB/pp for local transfer between Lengqi Town and Hualin Village which is obligatory for going to Mt Niangniang
3. Consumption: any personal consumption not mentioned in the itinerary