Ancient Chengdu was known as Jincheng, the city of silk brocade. Imagine intricate embroidery: infinite threads and elaborate stitches intertwining to form a perfect image. Now imagine that those threads are wires and words, musical notes and brush strokes, an arm curving through space to an electronic beat. That’s what you’ll find at Spittoon’s “Under the Skin of the City: Intertwining Threads.”
In this multi-media exhibition and live improvisation performance, artists explore what it means to live in Jincheng 2019. We invite poets, painters, musicians (on electronic and traditional instruments), performance artists, graffiti artists, rappers, and dancers to create art not only in response to the “megacity” theme, but also in response to each other. It will be a gallery event like none you’ve ever attended!
14:00-18:00 Saturday November 23rd
Deep Alley, No. 13-1 Xituchang St. 1km from Kuanzhai Xiangzi Line 4 Metro Station 西屠场街13号附1号，离地铁3号线宽窄巷子站1公里
This is a FREE event but you must register in advance. Scan the QR code below to register.
- 金牛区金府路889号, Jinniu, Sichuan,
- 武侯区人民南路四段桐凤路39号, Wuhou, Sichuan,December 13, 2019, 11:00 am-December 14, 2019, 10:00 pm
- Chongquing yuanlaosi old hotspot, 猛追湾街, 成都建材院有限公司小区, 猛追湾街道 / Mengzhuiwan, Sichuan,December 13, 2019, 8:30 pm-10:00 pm
- IFS国际金融中心, 红星路1号3段, 合江亭街道 / Hejiangting, Sichuan,
- 锦江区笔帖式街81号, 合江亭街道 / Hejiangting, Sichuan,