Honking cars, pounding jackhammers, crowing roosters, “bip”-ing QR codes: the rhythms of life in the megacity known as Chengdu. Here, 14 million pairs of feet scuff along concrete sidewalks. 14 million pairs of eyes stare at glowing screens. 14 million pairs of hands reach out… seeking to connect with something real. But beneath the glass-and-concrete skin of this megacity, we find alleys and marketplaces full of energy. Our urban isolation is broken by micro-interactions, like life advice from a taxi driver.
Has Chengdu really become the impersonal urban world we see in dystopian fiction? Can we break out of isolation and meaningfully connect with each other? This collaborative music video presents a response to these questions by bringing together contemporary and traditional Chinese poetry, electronic beats, traditional instruments, and scenes of the city we know and love.
The event will encompass a screening of the video and a panel discussion with the creators open to questions from the audience.
8:30pm-9:30pm Saturday November 23rd
Deep Alley, No. 13-1 Xituchang St. 1km from Kuanzhai Xiangzi Line 4 Metro Station 西屠场街13号附1号，离地铁3号线宽窄巷子站1公里
80RMB on the door
Ticket includes one free drink, alcoholic and non-alcoholic options available.
Scan the QR code below to get a ticket:
- 金牛区金府路889号, Jinniu, Sichuan,
- 武侯区人民南路四段桐凤路39号, Wuhou, Sichuan,December 13, 2019, 11:00 am-December 14, 2019, 10:00 pm
- Chongquing yuanlaosi old hotspot, 猛追湾街, 成都建材院有限公司小区, 猛追湾街道 / Mengzhuiwan, Sichuan,December 13, 2019, 8:30 pm-10:00 pm
- IFS国际金融中心, 红星路1号3段, 合江亭街道 / Hejiangting, Sichuan,
- 锦江区笔帖式街81号, 合江亭街道 / Hejiangting, Sichuan,