The latest updates:
Updated August 9th 2022, 17:00
New case in Chengdu
Total active case in Chengdu
(until August 8th)
Bars & sports venues reopening
• On August 5th, it was announced that bars, sports and entertainment venues can reopen.
• There is no need to panic in Chengdu – but there some are people undergoing 7 day lock-downs in the city – and have strongly recommended stocking up your grocery cupboards just in case. If you have visited a risk zone in Chengdu, and you have now left to travel – it is also possible you’d have to undergo quarantine elsewhere China.
• As the strain causing the latest outbreak in Chengdu was identified as the more rapidly transmissible Omicron BA.2.12.1 variant, Chengdu will likely stay on high alert for a while. Moreover, it is worth being careful of where you go, undergoing regular COVID tests, and ensure you’re COVID-safe in public too.
Chenghua District out of Lockdown
– From the morning of August 3rd (today) most of Chenghua District is out of lockdown.
– However strict controls are likely to stay in place as most cases found in the city yesterday were in this district.
– Several roads in Chenghua are still closed.
– Daily mandatory covid testing will continue for the near future.
-Chengdu East Railway Station is operating normally. Passengers can arrive and leave by means of public transport such as subway, bus, car hailing or private car. Passengers leaving Chengdu need to provide the certificate of negative nucleic acid test within 48 hours.
0 High-Risk Areas
7 Medium-Risk Areas
For the link to check the specific areas in the districts, please check out official account
Cannot leave your compound (most likely for 1 week)
Chenghua District 成华区: 6
Qingyang District 青羊区: 1
Places to avoid:
China wouldn’t be China without incredible tech, which in some ways is borderline creepy…
If you’d like to know where confirmed cases visited the last 14 days, this Mini-Program helps. It already covers 35 cities, with all data coming from official sources such as local health authorities. It’s almost like playing a video game, avoid the dots!
Scan the QR code below to access
What if your Health Code turns Orange/ Yellow?
Our own research learns us that some people’s Health Codes turned yellow. While the yellow or red code does not necessarily mean the person has the virus, it suggests that the person has a greater risk of infection.
What you need to do if your code turns yellow seems to vary:
1. Non-close contact: Stay away of busy places (public transportation, work, restaurants, malls, etc.) and have 2 COVID tests.
2. Close contact: 7 days home-isolation.
You are likely to be refused admission, to almost everywhere with an orange/ yellow code. You may be told to self-isolate at home. While the orange or red code does not necessarily mean the person has the virus, it suggests that the person has a greater risk of infection. Currently this signals you must go and get tested, then isolate at home. You also shouldn’t use public transportation or go to public places, and will have to undergo community health monitoring management (frequent temperature checks etc.).
After completing 2 negative COVID within a 24hour interval (as you can’t use public transportation, the options are biking or walking), your Health Code should automatically turn green again. Make sure that the COVID-test is registered under the same name and passport number as your Health Code information. Also note that not all hospitals or clinic can accept people with orange Health Codes. Please find a list of ones that do in this post.
What if your Health Code turns Red?
If your health code goes red, it signals you have (presumed) Covid-19, a close contact (within 14 days) of someone with Covid-19, or you are in quarantine, after returning from abroad.
If your health code is red, you should immediately report to the local community and self-isolate. It is possible that you will be transferred to the nearest centralized isolation medical observation site.
• For a real-time update on the risk areas in China, click here. If you’ve visited any of the areas below, or your office/ living address is registered in one of those areas, you might risk being quarantined when you visit another city or region.
If you have travel plans, you should definitely should check real-time COVID travel restrictions updates. Call airlines, hotels, airports, or train stations. We also recommend you to check with your hotel in advance, as some restrict foreigners, and others (especially in smaller cities) require a recent COVID test. Call, and then call again.
Hospitals with 24-hour Nucleic Acid Testing Services
Extract the QR code below to get the list
Foreign Affairs Office – Kind Reminders
Based on the current epidemic resurgence in Sichuan, the Foreign Affairs bureau reminds everyone to take extra care over their personal protection and actively cooperate with the recommendations:
1. Maintain good hygiene habits; wear masks; pay attention to coughing and sneezing etiquette, do not spit on the ground and open windows frequently for ventilation.
2. Reduce large gatherings; during the epidemic control periods, please minimize unnecessary gatherings and meals, and try to avoid crowded, humid places with poor air circulation. If you really need to enter these places, please take personal protection and cooperate with the prevention and control measures such as body temperature measurement and presenting Health QR Code.
3. Pay attention to food hygiene. Wear masks and gloves when buying and processing cold chain food, cooked food should be separated from raw food, meat and eggs should be thoroughly cooked before eating. Serving of individual dishes and using public spoons or chopsticks are encouraged.
4. Pay close attention to official information. Pay attention to the official information on the epidemic, do not believe in rumors or spread rumors. All the official information shall prevail.
5. Be open, and active in cooperating and implementing prevention and control measures. This includes truthfully reporting personal whereabouts and history of contact or exposure to investigators and medical staff; and going to designated locations for nucleic acid testing. If you have a fever, coughs, or other uncomfortable symptoms, please go to the nearest fever clinic as soon as possible.
For the safety of you and other, please do protect yourself, and follow the guidelines of the authorities. Wear a mask, regularly wash your hands, and avoid crowded places.
If you’ve visited any of the venues mentioned above, please social distance yourself and get a test immediately. If you have symptoms, please visit the hospital for a COVID-19 test.
Sources: China Daily, 成都商报, 健康成都官微, 中视新闻,
We are monitoring the situation closely, and will inform you as soon as we have more information.
Lets us know your questions in the comment section.