The latest updates:
Updated August 13th 2021, 14:00
• At the time of publishing, there are 0 medium risk areas in Chengdu. Sichuan province has 1 medium-risk area located in the city of Luzhou.
• Previous to the 29th July, a total of 6 local transmitted COVID-19 cases have been reported in Chengdu. Three cases are located in West Chengdu (Youpindao), two in South Chengdu (Arcadia and American Garden), and one asymptomatic Tianfu Int’l Airport worker, who lived on-site.
• On August 11th 3pm, after 2 weeks (of quarantine), the Youpindao and Arcadia areas were downgraded to low-risk zones, and people locked down could leave their homes. On August 2th, the American Garden area was downgraded.
• We currently would advise NOT to travel anywhere. If you do so, definitely should check real-time COVID travel restrictions updates. Call airlines, hotels, airports, or train stations. We also recommend you to check with your hotel in advance, as some restrict foreigners, and others (especially in smaller cities) require a recent COVID test. Call, and then call again.
• Lots of events are cancelled and gatherings of more than 10 people are strongly discouraged.
• Health codes have to be shown at most compounds malls, cinemas, office buildings and shops around the city before entering premises. You can scan the Tianfu Health Code code below to access the Mini-Program, or alternately open the Health Code on your Alipay APP.
Foreign Affairs Office – Kind Reminders
Based on the current epidemic resurgence in Sichuan, the Foreign Affairs bureau reminds everyone to take extra care over their personal protection and actively cooperate with the recommendations:
1. Maintain good hygiene habits; wear masks; pay attention to coughing and sneezing etiquette, do not spit on the ground and open windows frequently for ventilation.
2. Reduce large gatherings; during the epidemic control periods, please minimize unnecessary gatherings and meals, and try to avoid crowded, humid places with poor air circulation. If you really need to enter these places, please take personal protection and cooperate with the prevention and control measures such as body temperature measurement and presenting Health QR Code.
3. Pay attention to food hygiene. Wear masks and gloves when buying and processing cold chain food, cooked food should be separated from raw food, meat and eggs should be thoroughly cooked before eating. Serving of individual dishes and using public spoons or chopsticks are encouraged.
4. Pay close attention to official information. Pay attention to the official information on the epidemic, do not believe in rumors or spread rumors. All the official information shall prevail.
5. Be open, and active in cooperating and implementing prevention and control measures. This includes truthfully reporting personal whereabouts and history of contact or exposure to investigators and medical staff; and going to designated locations for nucleic acid testing. If you have a fever, coughs, or other uncomfortable symptoms, please go to the nearest fever clinic as soon as possible.
Image: Testing in Chengdu.
For the safety of you and other, please do protect yourself, and follow the guidelines of the authorities. Wear a mask, regularly wash your hands, and avoid crowded places.
If you’ve visited any of the venues mentioned above, please social distance yourself and get a test immediately. If you have symptoms, please visit the hospital for a COVID-19 test.
Sources: Global Times, China Daily, 成都商报, 健康成都官微, 中视新闻.
We are monitoring the situation closely, and will inform you as soon as we have more information.
Lets us know your questions in the comment section.